Today’s Photos (11/02/16)

UI professors, administrative staff, undergraduate, and graduate student leaders gather at the African American Culture center to discuss changes they want to be made to the center with a new source of funding on Novermber 1, 2016.(The Daily Iowan, Simone Banks-Mackey)

110216-metrodom

110216-vanallen
Various members of the UI community gather on the Pentacrest for the 25 year anniversary of the Van Allen shooting to honor the lives lost. The university presented the first memorial with all names of the victims present on it on November 1, 2016.(The Daily Iowan, Simone Banks-Mackey)
110216-dance
Performers at The University of Iowa Dance Gala on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. The performance, which took place at North Hall’s Space Place Theater, featured choreography and dance from one of the most highly acclaimed dance programs in the United States. (The Daily Iowan/Olivia Sun)
TIME political correspondent Jay Newton-Small speaks to guests in the Old Capitol Senate chamber on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. Newton-Small spoke about the effect of women in politics. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)
Iowa tight end George Kittle celebrates a touchdown during the Iowa-Iowa State game at Kinnick on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016. Iowa head Iowa State to one field goal to defeated them, 45-3. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)