Bill Clinton, Kaine to visit the state

Former President Bill Clinton gestures while speaking at Cornell College in Mount Vernon on Thursday, October 13, 2016. Clinton was campaigning across Iowa in a four city bus tour encouraging voters to vote early for his wife and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

Former President Bill Clinton will join Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Kaine and folk-rock artist Ben Harper in Des Moines tonight for a “Get Out the Vote Event.”

With just six days until Election Day, the VP hopeful will “discuss his plan to create an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top, and their shared vision for an America that is stronger together,” according to a press release from Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Kaine’s agenda includes a “Get Out the Vote” at Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista St., Dubuque, at 1:45 p.m. today and the Des Moines Social Club, 900 Mulberry St., at 7 p.m.

Bill Clinton will make two stops of his own at early voting events in Sioux City at the Anderson Dance Pavilion at 1 p.m. today and at the Waterloo Center for the Arts at 4 p.m. Clinton will then join Kaine in Des Moines.

— by Mitch McAndrew