Letter to editor

Thinking third this electon

Many Americans believe the country is headed for big trouble because of Donald Trump’s rhetoric and Hillary Clinton’s dishonesty. We cannot vote for Trump, but can’t vote for Clinton, either. It is a dilemma.

Don’t we want the best for America? No law says we must choose from one of two parties. Abraham Lincoln was a third-party candidate. Voters wisely chose Honest Abe, and he went on to heal a divided nation.  This year, wisdom again cries out for leadership to heal the political dividedness tearing at the fabric of government.

The Libertarian nominee, Gov. Gary Johnson, honest, experienced, and politically mature, is best for the job. He is from a neutral third party and thus is not involved in the ugly partisan bickering. Johnson is a seasoned chief executive with the know-how to work with both sides of the aisle to restore balance and efficiency to the governing process. Along with his running mate, also an experienced governor, the Libertarians are the only ones on the ballot who can straighten out the mess and get the government working for us again.

With the media stuck on stupid, all we ever hear are the malicious fights between two of the most disliked nominees in the history of presidential campaigns. We reject the idea that we “must” decide on the lesser of two evils. The notion of voting to send one evil to the White House just to keep another evil out is preposterous and will damage the presidency.

— Jane Kenny