Daya finally heads to Blue Moose

April is the new February for everyone who bought tickets to see Daya in Iowa City.

After canceling her Feb. 25 performance for health reasons, Daya will bring her enticing pop voice and catchy hit song “Hide Away” to Blue Moose, 211 Iowa Ave., at 8 p.m. today.

When an agent approached SCOPE talent buyer Sydney Linden, all of the buzz generated from Daya’s hit single made booking her the obvious decision, Linden said.

“There’s a lot of upcoming popularity with that song, a lot of radio play, and I thought it would be perfect to book her for this very small, intimate club show,” she said. “I thought it would be really good for Iowa City to get a good, fun pop artist to come here.”

Daya, now a pop musician, studied classical and jazz piano as a child. She also plays guitar, ukulele, saxophone, and flute.

University of Iowa senior and singer/songwriter Abby Sevcik will open for the rising teen performer.

“Daya’s an awesome singer,” Sevcik said. “I’ve listened to more of her music than just ‘Hide Away,’ and she’s got a really good vibe going on.”

Sevcik said she looks forward to performing her “indie-pop hybrid” sound with a full band.

“I’m used to doing more coffee-shop gigs, so something of this scale … I’m really excited to do it,” she said.

Intimate gigs such as this, Linden said, always turn out great, fill up fast, and allow SCOPE members to step back and enjoy the show.