Today’s Photos (01/19/16)

An Iowa Hawk Shop employee returns books to the shelves on Monday. As a new semester begins, many students will purchasing books and school supplies from the Hawk Shop. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)

011816-WGym-KC

Sen. Marco Rubio speaks to a crowd at the Coralville Marriott on Monday. Among other topics, Rubio promised to repeal Obamacare. (The Daily Iowan/Jordan Gale)
Iowa's Aaron Mallett prepares for the men's 60-meter hurdles during the Iowa Dual meet on Jan. 16 in the Recreation Building. Mallett finished first with a time of 7.82. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)
Iowa’s Aaron Mallett prepares for the men’s 60-meter hurdles during the Iowa Dual meet on Jan. 16 in the Recreation Building. Mallett finished first with a time of 7.82. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)
A portait of Martin Luther King Jr. painted by Sam Watkins is shown in the IMU Kendal Gallery on Monday. Watkins will have an interactive painting session of King today in the IMU. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)
Iowa center Adam Woodbury dunks during the Iowa-Michigan game in Carver-Hawkeye on Sunday. The Hawkeyes defeated the Wolverines, 82-71. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)