New presidential search documents released

The state Board of Regents has publicly released some documents related to the University of Iowa presidential search process following a state records board complaint.

UI English Assistant Professor Stephen Voyce filed a complaint with the Iowa Public Information Board over a records request he made with the regents’ office — including Parker Executive Search firm documents related to the process.

The regents’ office responded by releasing UI Faculty Council feedback on the four presidential finalists, email correspondence, and finalist itineraries. The office also released Parker documents with the job advertisement, interview questions, airport interview schedule, and Parker’s request for proposal response. Voyce uploaded the documents to his website as part of his UI FOIA Project.

The regents office objected to releasing candidate application materials, background investigations, media articles of potential concerns, and signed candidate statements. The documents were rejected as application materials not subject to disclosure under the 1988 City of Sioux City v. Greater Sioux City Press Club case.

The interview questions documents detail those asked by the search committee of the presidential candidates and those later asked by the regents of the presidential finalists.

pres serach doc 3

pres search doc 1

pres search doc 2