The Daily Iowan’s Iowa-Purdue Predictions

The Iowa spirit squad runs before the team before the Iowa-Minnesota game at Kinnick on Saturday, Nov. 14, 2013. The Hawkeyes defeated the Golden Gophers, 40-35 to stay perfect on the season. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Football reporters Danny Payne and Charlie Green offer their predictions for No. 5 Iowa’s contest with Purdue.

Hey, hey, hey. We hope you’re keeping warm. Below are our predictions. Our exams are here.

Danny Payne, Pregame Editor

I’m keeping an eye on the Iowa defense today. That unit has been bad the last few weeks, and because Purdue is a miserable team, I think the Hawks bounce back. The weather should keep some passing down, but I still see the Iowa offense putting up points. Prediction: Iowa 31, Purdue 7.

Pick to Click: Cole Fisher. For the narrative! Senior Day, a bounce-back game — sometimes, things write themselves.

Charlie Green, football reporter

Iowa gets the running game going early and never looks back. Turnovers forced by the defense makes this one effectively over by halftime. Prediction: Iowa 42, Purdue 17

Pick to Click: Jordan Lomax. The senior safety grabs 2 interceptions, taking advantage advantage of Purdue’s tendency to play from behind.