Christie sightings possible

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie speaks at the Growth and Opportunity Party at the Iowa State Fairgrounds Saturday October 31st, 2015. Governor Christie was one of many Republican Presidential candidates to speak at the event. (The Daily Iowan/Kyle Close)

Christie sightings possible

GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie will stop in Iowa today, just a day after the national Republican debate in Wisconsin on Tuesday.

The New Jersey governor will make a three-day tour including stops in southeast Iowa, Bettendorf, and ending in central Iowa at Nevada, nearly 40 miles north of the state’s capital.

Christie currently polls in the single digits in Iowa. According to a CNN/ORC poll published Nov. 6, 3 percent of Republican likely caucus-goers said Christie would be their first choice. Business mogul Donald Trump led the poll with 25 percent, followed by retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 23 percent.

From Oct. 29-Nov. 4, 548 likely Republican caucus-goers were interviewed by telephone. There is a margin of error plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Nationally, Christie is at 2 percent, according to a Fox News poll from Nov. 4. Christie is up from 1 percent from last month, but still down from 5 percentage points from September.

Donald Trump led the poll with 26 percent, and Carson followed with 23 percent.

The survey was conducted between Nov. 1-Nov. 3, with 476 registered Republicans interviewed. There is a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percntage points.

Christie will include a stop in Coralville. Here are the details for the visit:

Tell It Like It Is Town Hall

Time: 6 p.m.

Location: Coralville American Legion, 901 Second St.

— by Rebecca Morin