Today’s Photos (10/20/15)

UI sophomore Andrew Slocum rides his bike on Monday night. Biking is a common method of transportation in Iowa City, but many of Iowa City’s streets are unsafe for bikers. (The Daily Iowan/Lexi Brunk)
Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery talks during the Big Ten media day in Chicago on Oct. 15. Before coming to Iowa, McCaffery coached at Lehigh, North Carolina-Greensboro, and Siena. (Daily Iowan/Jordan Gale)
Hawkeyes Michael Melchert and Senior Anthony Gregorio move to the front of the pack after the start of their 6K race on Sep. 4 at the Ashton Cross-Country Course. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)
Iowa’s Dom Patrick serves during the Iowa-Chicago State match at the Hawkeye Tennis & Recreation Complex on April 19. The Hawkeyes defeated the Cougars, 6-0. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)
Iowa quarterback C.J. Beathard runs during the Homecoming game against Illinois in Kinnick Stadium on Oct. 10. The Hawkeyes defeated the Illini, 29-20. (The Daily Iowan/Valerie Burke)
Longfellow Elementary collect items for the school’s annual coat drive, which collects coats and other winter-wear items for those who need them. (The Daily Iowan/McCall Radavich)
Longfellow Elementary teacher Paula Rocca advises her students about Longfellow’s coat drive on Monday. Rocca’s students wrote a letter to put in the pocket of every coat donated. (The Daily Iowan/McCall Radavich)