Four GOP White House hopefuls to headline Northwest Iowa rally

Senator Rick Santorum looks at the crowd during the Freedom Summit in the Hoyt Sherman Place in Des Moines on Saturday, Jan. 24, 2015. Senator Santorum was a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2012. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

By Quentin Misiag

The same group of influential Iowa Republicans that wooed former Wisconsin Gov.Scott Walker to a leading fundraiser in the state’s northwestern district earlier this year are back with a bigger gathering, a senior GOP leader told The Daily IowanMonday morning.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former technology mogul Carly Fiorina will come together for the Northwest Iowa Republican Rally on Oct. 30 in Orange City, Iowa GOP Co-Chairman Cody Hoefert said.

The gathering — set for 7-8:30 p.m. at Northwestern College in Orange City — is a joint venture spearheaded by The Republican Parties of O’Brien, Osceola, Sioux, Lyon, Plymouth and Cherokee counties.

RELATED: Campaign Central, Sept. 28 edition

A VIP reception will kick off the rally at 5:50 p.m. at the college’s Bultman Center, located at Industrial ByPass Road in Orange City.

The main rally will start at 7 p.m. Tickets for the confab are free for college age students and under. General admission tickets can be purchased for $10. A VIP ticket requires a minimum of $100.

Those interested in attending can RSVP here.

The fundraiser could bring great dividends to the four Republicans, who all have relatively strong ties to Iowa.

Rubio, an early ally to Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, was one of the early entrants to visit Iowa of the 2016 Iowa caucus cycle, back in the 2014 midterms.

Santorum, who almost won the 2012 Iowa caucuses, has already completed the 99-county tour of the state known as the “Full Grassley.”

Christie is a close friend to Gov. Terry Branstad and a favorite campaign stump ally to Rep. Rod Blum, R-Iowa.

And Fiorina, once viewed as a long-shot Republican choice, has seen her political stock rise here since what was largely seen as a breakout performance during the CNN GOP debate on Sept. 16.

RELATED: Iowa political watchers: Fiorina, Christie, Rubio excel in first CNN main debate 

The fundraiser will mark the second time in six months in which national politicos with an eye on the White House will have descended on the largely-rural area of the state.

Represented by conservative stalwart Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, this corner of the state is largely represented by Republicans, according to state Secretary of State records.

It is unclear if King will attend the gathering. King was in attendance at the Multi County Northwest Iowa Republican Fundraiser on April 24.

Last year, former Texas governor and two-time presidential hopeful Rick Perry served as that fundraiser’s headliner. In 2013, state GOP operatives lured in Santorum.

Northwest Iowa Republican Rally 

WHO: Rick Santorum, Carly Fiorina, Marco Rubio and Chris Christie

WHEN: Oct. 30: VIP reception begins at 5:50 p.m. Main rally begins at 7 p.m.

WHERE: Northwestern College, Orange City

RSVP: Register for the event with Eventbrite here