Six Hawkeyes honored

Four members of the Iowa men’s and women’s basketball teams were honored by the Big Ten on Monday.

On the men’s side, Aaron White was named consensus All-Big Ten, and Jarrod Uthoff was named to the third team by league coaches and honorable mention by the media. Gabe Olaseni was named the conference’s Sixth Man of the Year, and Mike Gesell received Iowa’s Sportsmanship Award for the second-straight year.

On the women’s side, senior Bethany Doolittle was named to the conference’s all-tournament team, and Sam Logic was named one of 15 finalists for Wooden Award’s National Ballot, the highest such honor for college-basketball players.

White finished the regular season third in rebounding with 7.4 per game and seventh in scoring with 15.9. He represents the Hawkeyes for the second-straight year on the first team; Devyn Marble was selected last year.

Uthoff and unanimous first-teamer Frank Kaminsky of Wisconsin are the only two players in the league to average more than 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per contest.

Olaseni is Iowa’s third-highest scorer, has posted two double doubles, and turned in double-digit points 12 times this season.

Doolittle averaged 18 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 5 blocks in two tournament games last week. Iowa lost in the semifinals to Ohio State on March 7.

Logic, a 2014 AP All-American honorable mention, finished the regular season averaging 8 assists per game — a mark good for third in the NCAA — to go with 13.4 points and 6.9 boards per contest.