Drink of the Week: Warm Pumpkin Spice Latte Shot

In order to celebrate the changing of the leaves, I’ve invented an easy shot that will knock your shorts off and replace them with yoga pants: The Warm Pumpkin Spice Latte Shot.

Primary alcohol: Spiced Rum

How to make it: Brew a very small amount of coffee and mix it in a glass with the sugar and a healthy dash of the pumpkin spice. Add the milk and rum. Stir the hell out of it and pour into a white Dixie cup, or a leftover espresso shot glass from a certain famous coffee chain; to mimic the full experience, spell your name wrong on the side of the cup with a Sharpie. Top with more pumpkin pie spice, shoot it warm, and go tell your boyfriend or sisters all the things you love about fall. 

The experience: In this specific, scientifically deduced mixture, the shot tastes exactly like a warm pumpkin spice latte. It’ll make you want to play in the leaves and cuddle up under a blanket. It’s a little light, but if you’re 5-2 and weigh 98 pounds in your Uggs, it’ll do the trick. 

Advice: This is obviously a very large shot, so a Dixie cup (or something larger) is required for the full experience. Splitting it up into normal shot glasses and sharing with your friends will still result in a taste that’s just as sweater-weather approved.

— by Adam Gromotka