Buy or Sell: Prime Time League Week 4

Buy or Sell: The Hawkeyes have been the most impressive group of players in Prime Time thus far.

Mann: Buy. Northern Iowa has a few guys putting up some very impressive numbers, but the top players this summer have been Hawkeyes.

Jarrod Uthoff is averaging 23 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 assists per game, and he has been able to get to the bucket at will. Aaron White has averaged a double-double.

Big men Adam Woodbury and Gabe Olaseni have dominated in the paint, as their size and ability are unmatched. Olaseni is averaging 18 and 13, with Woodbury at 25 and 10 at a remarkable 57 percent shooting.

McDavid: Sell. At least offensively. Deon Mitchell, and Matt Bohannon have sustained a level of offensive efficiency thus far unmatched by their Hawkeye counterparts.

Bohannon has been particularly impressive, leading the league in scoring at 34 points per game, while shooting better than 50 percent from the field and 40 percent from 3-point range.

Buy or Sell: Jarrod Uthoff is the frontrunner for MVP.

Mann: Buy. Uthoff’s team is in first place in Prime Time and much of its success can be attributed to his presence.

What has made Uthoff so valuable, however, has been his dominance on the boards. The 6-9 swingman is second in the league behind only Olaseni at 12 boards per game, and he really showed his value to his team by grabbing 16 rebounds when starting center Malcolm Moore couldn’t make the trip to Waterloo in Week 3.

McDavid: Sell. I’m going with another metro-area standout — Bohannon. While much has been made of Woodbury’s play thus far, the UNI guard has driven Randy Larson’s team.

Beyond his scoring prowess, Bohannon plays tough defense, snags long rebounds, and dives for loose balls. This contagious tenacity, when paired with the facility he showed for playing lead guard in the early absence of Iowa’s Anthony Clemmons, has revealed the junior’s talent.

With Bohannon at the helm in the second half, his team had its best scoring run of the game. Why was this sequence so telling? Because both Woodbury and Clemmons were on the bench.

Buy or Sell: Dan Ahrens’ team is the favorite to win the title.

Mann: Buy. Not only does the leader in the MVP race lead Ahrens’ team, but Ahrens and Uthoff have the most talented and complete supporting cast.

The Iowa City West combo of Dondre Alexander and Jeremy Morgan gives the squad a lethal three-headed monster that has been nearly impossible to defend. Alexander is scoring 20 points per game with Morgan right behind at 19, both with good percentages.

McDavid: Buy. And it’s not close. Ahrens’ team averages 90 points in 40 minutes, led by Uthoff. He was Iowa’s most accurate marksman last season, so the fact that his squad is steamrolling opponents is made all the more impressive by the fact that he hasn’t yet found his stroke from distance (28 percent from 3 point range).

Considering the dominant performance Ahrens’ group has showcased, it will be the heavy favorite going into the playoffs. If Uthoff’s long-range shooting returns to form, the question won’t be who will be crowned champion but who will come in second.