Man accused of stealing from the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center

An Iowa man has been accused of stealing several items from other people in the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center.

Michael Bradley, 19, was accused Jan. 10 with third-degree theft, fourth-degree theft, fifth-degree theft, and four counts of forgery.

According to a UI police complaint, Bradley was seen on video going through a person’s belongings in the Rec Center. He allegedly took the person’s debit card and used it at the Buffalo Wild Wings in the Old Capitol Town Center. Bradley was reportedly seen on a surveillance video making a purchase for $6.97, the complaint said.

Bradley also allegedly made a purchase at Chipotle in the Old Capitol Town Center with a separate debit card from a different person. According to the complaint, Bradley was seen on video with his girlfriend making a purchase for $15.90.

Bradley was also seen on video rummaging through another person’s belongs in the Rec Center. According to the complaint, Bradley used the victim’s debit card at the Redbox at Kum & Go across the street from the Rec Center. The purchase was for $6.36, the complaint said.

Using a different debit card from another persons, Bradley was also reportedly seen on video making a purchase at the same Kum & Go. The purchase was $34.39, the complaint said.

On a separate date, a white iPhone 5C was stolen in the Rec Center on the second level near the basketball court bleachers. Bradley was seen on video taking an item out of the person’s red bag. No one touched the bag besides the owner and Bradley, the complaint said. The iPhone is valued at $549.99.

Bradley also entered the Rec Center without paying, a police complaint said. He used the name of another person. That person said he did not go to the center that day. Bradley is not a member of the center and did not pay the daily fee, the complaint said.

Forgery is an aggravated misdemeanor. Third-degree theft is an aggravated misdemeanor. Fourth-degree theft is a serious misdemeanor. Fifth-degree theft is a simple misdemeanor.

— by Rebecca Morin