Woman charged with possessing drug kit with grandchildren present

A North Liberty woman has been accused of hiding a “drug kit” underneath her bedroom floor.

Dawn Blaszczyk, 46, was charged March 28 with possession of a controlled substance and endangerment.

North Liberty police served a narcotics search warrant at Blaszczyk’s residence. Upon arrival, officers noted there were numerous pieces of mail with her name. The house was also littered with garbage and rotten food, the police complaint said.

During the search, officials allegedly located numerous vials and containers containing small amounts of marijuana. The complaint said officials also found loose crystal methamphetamine on a mirror in the bedroom and a tote bag with dozens of broken glass methamphetamine pipes.

Officers also reportedly located a “drug kit” in a hidden compartment in Blaszczyk’s bedroom. The kit included pills, marijuana, methamphetamine, and various paraphernalia. There was no prescription found for the pills during the search of the residence, the complaint said.

Blaszczyk reportedly admitted to having her 5-year-old and 2-year-old grandchildren living in the residence, the police complaint said.

Subsequent offenses of possession of a controlled substance are a Class-D felony. Endangerment is an aggravated misdemeanor.