Pete Lee to entice audience with humor

One man’s self-deprecating humor has attracted audiences through his likable style and unique blend of comedy. 

Originally from Wisconsin, comedian Pete Lee traveled to New York for a television début on Comedy Central’s "Premium Blend." His long list of accomplishments will lead him to the University of Iowa at 10 p.m. today.The event is free for the public.

The Campus Activities Board event will present Lee to entice the audience with comedy described as "candy-coated with a dash of mean." At Public Space One, 129 E. Washington, audiences get up close and personal with this man who has been seen as a rising star within the world of comedy.

His newly found popularity has rewarded him seventh place out of the top 100 comedians in Comedy Central’s "Standup Showdown." He was voted a standout performer at the Montréal’s "Just for Laughs Comedy Festival," has his own web show on MSN.com called "New York Minute: 30," and he was also an actor on CBS’ "As The World Turns" for two episodes.

He was hired to be a writer and cast member on "FUSE TV’s on Trial" and the NFL Network’s Top 10’s and as a cast member on "VH1’s Best Week Ever" in January.

Toward the end of 2008, his Comedy Central half-hour special earned him new fans. His comedy performances over the next four years at 500 colleges all over the country attracted many individuals who had known his previous history or became new fans.