Man arrested after shots allegedly fired following Iowa City party

Iowa City police officials have arrested a man who allegedly fired shots after a fight broke out at a large party.

According to an Iowa City police press release, police responded early Sunday morning to the 2000 block of Davis Street after numerous 911 calls reported shots fired in the area.

Officers were able to confirm that shots were fired during a fight that broke out at a party at 2024 Davis St. According to the release, there were no reported injuries; however, a window to the residence was broken. Witnesses identified the shooter as Samuel Lee Lockett III, who allegedly fled the scene with a gun in his waistband.

According to an Iowa City police complaint, the alleged shooter became “extremely nervous” when police approached him, and continued to back away looking for a means of escape.

Lockett ran across a backyard and submerged himself in a small stream. According to the complaint, he was submerged with only his head showing, and kept his arms under the water for several seconds.

The 24-year-old was located by police on Conefower Court at 7:30 a.m. and taken into police custody following a brief foot chase.

The large-frame Durango .22 revolver believed to have been used by Lockett early was recovered in the creek with the assistance of the Iowa City Fire Department.

Lockett has been charged with interference with official acts and possession of a firearm as a felon; the investigation into the shooting incident is ongoing. He was has previous felony convictions from Illinois in 2010.

Twenty-two-year-old Emily Miskowicz, the owner of the residence, was charged with keeping a disorderly house.