Mission Creek Festival lineup announced

The latest lineup of performers has been announced for this years’ Mission Creek Festival.

Those included in the announcement Divine Fits, Mucca Pazza, Pallbearer, JEFF the Brotherhood, Mister Lies, Ital, Pete Swanson, Future Rock, Pujol, Container, and Iowa-based artists Har-di-Har, Gloom Balloon, Mirror Coat, Ex-Action Model, No Coast, and Gem Jones.

All venues within a five-minute walk of each other will form a nexus of music, literature, food, and art, transforming downtown Iowa City for the weeklong festival. The festival is set for April 2 through April 7.

All-access festival passes for $125 are available now online at Midwestix and the Englert Box Office, 221 E. Washington St.

The first Mission Creek Festival announcement included acts such as Grizzly Bear, Deerhoof, Iris DeMent, Tig Notaro, and Killer Mike.

"We are definitely looking forward to the whole thing; we have a lot of acts planned with a national, international, regional, and local mix," said Andre Perry, the Englert’s executive director as well as the individual who oversees most of the programming committees for Mission Creek. "We have been trying to get these acts for a while and now finally have some great talent in the lineup such as the Divine Fits supergroup as well as Grizzly Bear."

Performances will take place at venues such as the Englert, the Mill, Blue Moose, Public Space One, Gabe’s, Yacht Club, and Prairie Lights.