Federal drug charges filed in Iowa City trailer-park shooting case

Charges have been filed in federal court against two men previously charged in Johnson County in connection with an Aug. 16 trailer-park shooting, according to online federal court documents.

Norman Dudley and John Mulbah were persons of interest in the shooting at the Breckenridge Trailer Park. The shooting was result of Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement undercover investigation, according to an August press release from Johnson County prosecutor Janet Lyness.

Agent Daniel Stepleton shot and killed Ivan Carl Hardemon during the operation, and he injured Demarco Dudley, who has not been charged in federal court.

Norman Dudley later turned himself in at the Johnson County Sheriff’s Ofice. Mulbah was charged with a controlled-substance violation after he allegedly sold approximately 10.1 grams of a cocaine base to an undercover narcotics agent on Aug. 13. Both were charged with controlled-substance violations and failure to affix a tax stamp; motions to dismiss their cases have been filed, according to online court documents.

Norman Dudley is charged with conspiracy to distribute narcotics and another narcotics charge related to distribution of a cocaine base. Mulbah is listed as also facing those charges. Mulbah is scheduled for a detention hearing in Davenport at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 26. His trial is scheduled for 9 a.m. Jan. 7, also in Davenport.

— by Brent Griffiths