Lugo: The man who should have won

One thing was clear in this presidential election; a man who has excellent credentials to be president lost to an incumbent president who is not qualified to be president.

Obama is governing without any business or economic experience. In fact, he is only using a failed ideology in his decisions and is wrecking the country in the process. Many economists have predicted either a recession or a financial collapse as a result of these policies Obama is employing.

So what happened? Either Americans have bought into the Obama idea of redistributing the wealth, an idea that destroys incentive and wrecks the economy in the process, or half of all  Americans are enraptured by the Obama mystique.

Still another factor in this election was the media bias that reached record levels, with the media doing everything it could to openly help the Obama campaign. Candy Crowley unfairly interrupted one debate between Romney and Obama to support a false statement from Obama that he called the Libya attack an act of terror, when he openly called it a result of a video on the Internet for two weeks after the  attack on our embassy in Libya.

Yes, Romney bought distressed companies, but he then fixed them up to make them profitable again, and he created many jobs in this process. The media either supported Obama in these lies or didn’t report the facts truthfully, as is their responsibility to do so.

It must be realized that the economic problems that America is having is the result of bad government policies; there is really no other reasons for this. America has a large and well-educated population, abundant natural resources, creative business people who know how business works and are very willing to do the work necessary for success, but they are all being held back by bad government policy, nothing else.

What remains as the most disturbing aspect of this president is the statement he made to our Russian enemies in which he said, “I will have more flexibility in my next term.” The biased left-wing media have still not asked him what did he meant by this. Is there a secret deal here that we have a right to know about? And will we find out about this deal, when it’s too late and a great harm has been done to America?

Jose A. Lugo