Swisher man charged after threatening juveniles with a handgun

A Swisher man was charged Oct. 12 after allegedly threatening two juveniles with a handgun.

According to a series of complaints from the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office, James Morgan, 46, was charged after he allegedly armed himself with a handgun and approached a vehicle occupied by two juveniles who were acquaintances of his daughter on the evening of Oct. 6. The complaints said he pointed the handgun at the juveniles and said, “I will f*cking kill you.”

The complaints said the two juveniles started to drive away, and Morgan struck the passenger-side window of the vehicle with the butt of the handgun, shattering it. He allegedly told police he tried to grab the passenger of the vehicle as they drove away. The complaints said one of the juveniles witnessed Morgan point the gun at them a second time as they fled.

After the altercation, Morgan allegedly left a voice mail for one of the juveniles stating he would kill him if he ever came near his (Morgan’s) daughter or house and that he had no problem pulling the trigger on him.

Morgan is charged with harassment by communication, a simple misdemeanor, fourth-degree criminal mischief, a serious misdemeanor, assault with the display of a weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, going armed with intent, a Class-D felony, and first-degree attempted burglary, a Class-C felony.

— by Matt Starns