Davenport man faces assault, imprisonment charges after Currier incidents

A Davenport man faces numerous charges after allegedly taking photographs and videos of a woman prior to assaulting her in Currier Hall this past spring.

According to a series of complaints from the University of Iowa police, Jordan Garr, 21, was involved in an April 18 incident at Currier Hall, in which he allegedly took a video of a female subject taking her clothes off. Garr allegedly threatened to post the video online but said he would delete the video if the woman performed oral sex on him and another subject.

The complaints said the woman did what Garr requested.

Garr also was allegedly involved in an incident May 10 at the same location, where he allegedly held a woman’s arm behind her back against her will. Garr also allegedly told another subject to take off the woman’s pants, while a third subject held her legs, according to complaints by UI police. The complaints said the woman screamed, “No, stop.” Garr and the two other subjects allegedly touched the woman’s breasts.

The complaints also said Garr was involved in a May 11 incident, also at Currier, where he reportedly took a photograph of a female subject’s breast. He allegedly promised to delete the photo if the woman bought him new sneakers, according to the complaint.

It is unclear from the complaints whether the same female subject was involved in each of the three reported incidents.

Attempts to contact UI police on Monday for further clarification were unsuccessful.

The Daily Iowan contacted UI police officials in May when the assault was initially reported.

UI spokesman Tom Moore declined to comment on the incident Monday.

“It’s a criminal matter, so it’s inappropriate to discuss at this point,” he said.

Garr was charged May 13 with assault, a simple misdemeanor, false imprisonment, a serious misdemeanor, and extortion, a Class-D felony.

Garr is not listed as a student in the UI’s phonebook.