Talk about spineless

Remember all of the chastising — and bad punning — of Rush Limbaugh and his "rushing to judgment" on Sandra Fluke? People seem to forget so easily or rather refuse to take a dose of their own medicine of double standards, agendas, and poor journalism.

There have been so many cases of this recently that it’s becoming hard to imagine how people can deny that the big media institutions have an agenda. From Casey Anthony to the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, it was evident that they let their personal theories get in the way of journalistic integrity.

The always-cordial Nancy Grace at Headline News convicted Anthony from day one. Bill O’Reilly at Fox News wasn’t much better. Many news outlets — in print, on television, or online — (except Fox News) blamed Sarah Palin for the shooting of Giffords because of her political action committee putting Giffords’ district in its "cross hairs." John King at CNN said one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever heard on live television — he apologized for his guest using the term "cross hairs" and pleaded for the patience of his audience while CNN goes through the process of censoring itself.

Talk about spineless.

We are seeing this yet again. These things that needed to be said, and ought to be said by more people. The Trayvon Martin case is a national tragedy — not just because someone was killed, but also because we have become so susceptible to manipulation from the media, Hollywood, and our leaders that they can control a crisis to their own ends. This is not about justice — this is about ideology.

Have you heard about the death of 6-year-old Aliyah Shell and nine others out of 49 who were shot in Chicago over St. Patrick’s Day weekend? Or how about the British students James Cooper and James Kouzaris, who were visiting Florida over spring break last April and were killed in cold blood?

You likely haven’t because these stories do not fit into the Saul Alinsky model for creating a crisis and manufacturing change.

Alinsky was a far-left community organizer from Chicago who had an undeniable influence on President Obama and other national figures, including Hillary Rodham Clinton. He was a master at this kind of propaganda. He genuinely felt that the question, "Do the ends justify the means?" should instead be asked as, "Do this particular end justify these particular means?"

He penned his method in his book Rules for Radicals a year before his death in 1972. The summary of his message is that "radicals" — whether they are community organizers, politicians, or media figures — can take control of any situation if they hijack a story, turn it into a crisis, and demonize their opponents. As he wrote, "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Trayvon Martin’s death provides a similar opportunity to the powers that be. Those who wish to take America further down the path of destruction have already done plenty of polarization: Right against left, rich against poor, the religious against women.

But that’s not enough for them. Now it must be juxtaposed so the white man is hunting down blacks as if they were dogs, as Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., would like you to believe. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Touré are on the frontlines demanding that George Zimmerman be arrested despite having no definitive evidence that he is at fault.

NBC was caught red-handed doctoring the 911 tapes to make it look like Zimmerman is a racist. ABC, seeing the writing on the wall, released an enhanced version of the security footage from the police station where Zimmerman was taken that suggests that there might have been a scuffle with Martin.

And all the while, these people are enabling the New Black Panthers’ desire for vigilante justice.

They all have an agenda. They know they will fail if they fully reveal themselves without the translucent veil of a crisis. Through dividing the country, there will come a leader — be it Obama or someone else — who will want to reunite the nation anew. It’s only a matter of time.