UI moves ahead with searches to fill three administrative positions

file
file

file

file

A change in University of Iowa administrative leadership is underway as the UI announced updates in the search to fill three administrative positions Thursday morning.

Candidates for Robillard’s replacement set to visit campus

Two finalists remain in the UI’s search for a new vice president for Medical Affairs and dean of the UI College of Medicine.

The announcement comes nearly one year after Jean Robillard announced his intent to step down from his role in overseeing UI Health Care and the College of Medicine days after the UI held a farewell reception for him. Robillard will continue to serve in the position until the search committee names a new leader.

RELATED: UI celebrates Robillard in UI Health Care

The candidates’ identities will be announced 24 hours before they arrive on the UI campus where they will participate in public forums and meet with faculty, staff, and leadership at UI Health Care. The candidates’ curriculum vitaes will also be made available at that time.

Forum schedule:

Oct. 3, 5–6 p.m. in the Prem Sahai Auditorium of the Medical Education Research Facility
Oct. 9 5–6 p.m. in the Prem Sahai Auditorium of MERF

Keller to serve as interim leader of Office for Research and Economic Development

UI President Bruce Harreld announced Thursday that John Keller, dean of the Graduate College and associate provost, will hold the position after Dan Reed announced he would be stepping down as head of the Office of Research and Economic Development Sept. 21.

“… I am exceptionally confident that John will lead this critical part of the university in a manner that will inspire excitement and trust as we continue to move the research and scholarship enterprise forward,” Harreld said in the announcement.

“I am honored to serve the university in this interim capacity,” Keller says. “I have witnessed firsthand the strength of our research and scholarship, and I appreciate the opportunity to help move our institution forward.”

With approval from the state Board of Regents, Keller will step into this position Oct. 1.

Keller will continue to serve in his current position as the Graduate College dean and an associate provost — positions he has held since April 2002.

“I am honored to serve the university in this interim capacity,” Keller said in the announcement. “I have witnessed firsthand the strength of our research and scholarship, and I appreciate the opportunity to help move our institution forward.”

Curry names two co-chairs for committee leading search for Agrawal’s replacement

UI Interim Provost Sue Curry named Dean of the UI College of Education Dan Clay and Law Professor Ann Estin will lead the committee to find a new dean for the UI College of Law.

Gail Agrawal, the current College of Law dean, announced in a message to the law-school community Aug. 25 she intends to retire at the end of the academic year after a tenure of nearly a decade. 

Other members of the search committee include professors at the college and other members of the law-school community.

— Emily Wangen

• UI moves ahead with searches to fill three administrative positions

Crime/Courts

Lawsuit against University of Iowa presidential search committee settled

University of Iowa enrollment down after intentional growth management

Higher Education

Jim Lindenmayer assumes position on state Board of Regents

Higher Education

Iowa Board of Regents to unveil new multi-year tuition model in November

Iowa regents OK proposal for UI’s new innovation center

Tippie to start a complete online professional MBA program

UI Hospitals & Clinics

Board of Regents discusses UIHC audit, comments on Modern Piping allegations

Higher Education

Board of Regents reviews transfer of land to UI

Board of Regents considers department closures and additions

‘There’s no joy’ in closing centers, Provost Curry tells Iowa Board of Regents