The Daily Iowan’s Iowa-Indiana Predictions

Iowa wide receiver Tevaun Smith attempts to catch the football with Illinois State La’Darius Newbold close behind during the Iowa-Illinois State game in Kinnick on Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015. The Hawkeyes defeated the Redbirds, 31-14. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Football reporters Danny Payne and Charlie Green offer their predictions for No. 9 Iowa’s game with Indiana.

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana — In case you missed our exams, here they are. Below are our predictions.

Danny Payne, Pregame Editor

I’ve wavered back and forth all week on this, but I think I’m set on the Hawkeyes getting the best of the Hoosier in this one. Indiana has a good offense, and that’s about it. I think Iowa eventually wears the Hoosiers out and picks up its ninth win of the season. Prediction: Iowa 28, Indiana 14.

Pick to Click: Josey Jewell. I think Jewell has a big day against the run for the Hawkeyes today and picks off Nate Sudfeld once. Book it.

Charlie Green, football reporter

The Hoosiers compile a respectable amount of offense through the air and on the ground, but turnovers keep this game at a double-digit advantage for the Hawkeyes. C.J. Beathard breaks through his funk, tossing for 250 yards and two scores.

Pick to Click: Tevaun Smith. Smith has his first major performance of the season, taking advantage of the worst secondary in the Big Ten on his way a 100-yard game.